Superglue should dissolve with nail polish remover. I'd try to find a good non-acetone one.
Robin, that is what Ana and I thought, for me to cut off most of the wig hair off. then glue the other wig over but the problem is that the wig I have is thin and smaller than an Addy wig. Maybe I may get another wig. Any idea where to get a good cheap Addy wig???
Superglue should dissolve with nail polish remover. I'd try to find a good non-acetone one.
Hmmm.. Do you have photos? Maybe you could repair the current wig? Addy's wig is especially easy to repair:
http://agplaythings.proboards105.com...ead=1146330923
Ria, the Jamaica wig from Kemper is a pretty good AA wig. www.kemperdolls.com . It's relatively cheap, too.
Ok, going to try the nail polish remover idea. The thing is that the wig is still on the doll, so I hope this works.
AGMom2, thanks for the link! if I cannot get the current wig on Addy, this is my backup plan. [img]smile.gif[/img]
The wig we already have is a Jamaica. The problem is that the wig cap is very thin and transparent so, unless all of the old wig is removed, it will leave the new one feeling lumpy.
oh ok Ana, the scratch off the extra wig...
Going to do some polsih removal tomorrow and see what happens.
Any one else got an idea?
I had one heck of a time getting Ruthie's wig off. I used floral wire cutters (small wire cutters or "dikes"). Cuticle nippers would work too. I used it to pull/twist off the sections of the wig that would not come off or to trim off as much as possible. I then used an acrylic nail grinder to grind off what was left. Her head does have several pock marks from the surgery and the grinder (which would be similar to using sandpaper, just faster) did take off the surface of the vinyl. But, once you put the wig back on, you won't see any of it. I do not have Ruthie's wig glued down, and even so, it's never been a problem for Ruthie.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">....GASP!...what is wrong with you DARTH! It sounds like you have been hanging around with that DR. Robin too much! [img]graemlins/handcuffs.gif[/img] SHEESH!Originally posted by AGTeacher:
----------- anyone got a spare head???---
Anywaaaayyyy!...I think that idea of non-acetone finger nail remover should work. I used that to get the stian off my morsels after the "lawn chair staining incident". If it does not work, how about getting as much of the wig off as you can and getting a thicker wig.
[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]
oh great! Sheila put me behind bars again!!! Anyone got a few [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img] to bail me out?? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I'm going to try the polish remover and also the cutting of the hair... *crosses fingers* wish me luck!
Bookmarks